A W. P. Carey gift guide
Wondering what to get your friends and loved ones this year? In the holiday spirit, we're highlighting a few alumni-owned and led companies from the past and current W. P. Carey Sun Devil 100 winners.
- Yucca Tap Room is Tempe, Arizona’s, original live music venue, showcasing live music for more than 40 years. Take a friend or family member to see a local or national act almost any night of the week and maybe you’ll run into Owner and CEO Rodney Peter Hu (BS Finance ’96).
- Give the gift of beautiful skin by treating your loved ones to customized laser and skin care treatments at the Valley’s top medical aesthetic provider, Derma Health Skin & Laser. President and CEO Trish Gulbranson (BS Accountancy '88) is a repeat Sun Devil 100 honoree.
- Consider giving the Stay-Tucked Undershirt, underwear that never rides up, or socks that never roll down from Tommy John. Co-founder and Head of Merchandising Erin Fujimoto (BS Finance ’03) is behind the brand with no adjustment needed.
- Founder and CEO Jonathan Beekman (BS Economics/Finance ’02) knows guys, and especially knows how tough it is to find gifts guys actually want. So if you’re having a hard time shopping for a man in your life, Man Crates makes the most unforgettable holiday gifts — from gear, flavors, and activities, to a unique opening experience.
- For your friends and family who love a good cup of joe, there’s Press Coffee. Co-owned by Jason Kyle (BS Marketing ’94), there are nine Valley locations. If your loved ones don’t live in town, consider a coffee subscription.
- Owned by Arizona native Aaron Pool (BS Management '09), Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup serves up infinitely customizable enchiladas, salads, and soups. Plus, there are street and breakfast tacos and salads. Its pumpkin cookies melt in your mouth, too.
- Lisa VanBockern (BS Accountancy/Computer Information Systems '98) started out as an Ernest & Young software consultant before she became an aesthetician and created Skin Script, which delivers products that are paraben free, natural, and ideal for treating all skin types and ethnicities. This holiday season, Skin Script is offering pumpkin latte and pomegranate holiday facials.
- Whether you need wines to delight holiday guests or unique gifts for the wine lover in your life, Brooks Winery could solve your gift-giving woes. Managing Director Janie Brooks Heuck (BS Accountancy '89) took over the winery after her brother Jimi’s unexpected passing in 2004 to carry on the family legacy.
- For the person in your life that could use a weekend or two ... off from scrubbing toilets and floors, why not give them the gift of Going Greenhouse, which offers pet-safe, kid-safe, non-toxic house cleaning services. Founder and CEO April Prothero (BS Finance ’06) created a team of highly trained, detail-oriented staff that do one-time deep cleaning, to weekly and biweekly cleaning, household tasks, and more.
We hope this list of alumni-owned and led companies from the past and current W. P. Carey Sun Devil 100 winners inspires your holiday shopping.
Want to be included in a future W. P. Carey gift guide? Learn about the Sun Devil 100 event and how to submit nominations.
- Combative consumers change the marketing strategy for Target and Bud Light
Customer rage has increased 35% since 2017, ASU study shows.
- Experts: Arizona economy could be hit hard if default is in our stars
ASU expert says U.S. default on debt is possible but unlikely.
- Target rolls out drive-up returns for Phoenix-area customers
Great customer service is necessary to creating brand loyalty, says ASU expert.