2022 outlook from ASU and national economists
Speakers from across the country and region share what’s in store for the year ahead at the 58th annual ASU/PNC Bank Economic Forecast Luncheon.
TEMPE, Ariz. (Nov. 17, 2021) — Employment is recovering from the severe contraction induced by the pandemic, but it is still way below levels at the start of 2020. Can it fully recover this year? What is the expected role of the stimulus legislation on growth, employment, and inflation? What are the perspectives for the Arizona economy?
Join us at this Economic Forecast Luncheon — hosted by the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University and sponsored by PNC Bank — where top national and regional experts will present their economic forecasts, and advice on these issues and more.
- Keynote address (presented via Zoom): Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor and President Emeritus, Harvard University
- Outlook for the U.S. economy: Gus Faucher, Chief Economist, The PNC Financial Services Group
- Outlook for the regional and metro economy: Lee R. McPheters, Research Professor of Economics and Director of the Economic Outlook Center, W. P. Carey School of Business, ASU
When: Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021, from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Virtual via Zoom and in person at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, Grand Ballroom
Lee McPheters is available for media opportunities in person at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel before the event on Dec. 8, from 10 to 11 a.m. He’s also available on Monday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. via Zoom. Reporters can schedule interviews by emailing Shay Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the W. P. Carey School of Business
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the top-ranked business schools in the United States. The school is internationally regarded for its research productivity and its distinguished faculty members, including a Nobel Prize winner. Students come from more than 100 countries and W. P. Carey is represented by alumni in over 160 countries. Visit wpcarey.asu.edu.
- Best secured credit cards
How does a secured credit card with no annual fee make the issuer money?
- Baby formula shortage will last into the fall
An ASU supply chain expert says brands are still 30% out of stock, so it won't be until the end…
- Admissions director Q&A: What you need to know about getting into the ASU MBA program
Get the inside scoop about the MBA program, including what to expect in admissions, the…