2023 outlook from ASU and national economists
Speakers from across the country and region share what’s in store for the year ahead at the 59th annual ASU/PNC Bank Economic Forecast Luncheon.
TEMPE, Ariz. (Nov. 2, 2022) — The 2023 economic outlook is perhaps the most complex and challenging exercise in economic forecasting in decades. Economic indicators are in conflict. Inflation has increased to levels not seen in years but appears to be decreasing. Output may be slowing, and there are questions of a possible recession looming. At the same time, employment continues to be strong. Moreover, the conflict in Ukraine is affecting food supplies and prices globally.
Join us at this Economic Forecast Luncheon — hosted by the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University and sponsored by PNC Bank — where top national and regional experts will present their economic forecasts, advice on these issues, and more.
- Keynote address: Christopher Waller, Governor, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Taking stock of the markets: Daniel J. Brady, Chief Investment Strategist of the PNC Asset Management Group
- Outlook for the regional and metro economy: Dennis L. Hoffman, Director of the L. William Seidman Institute and Director of ASU’s Office of the University Economist
When: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022, from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Phoenix Downtown in the Phoenix Ballroom or virtual via Zoom
Dennis Hoffman is available for media opportunities in person at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown before the event beginning at 10 a.m. Reporters can schedule interviews by emailing Shay Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an interview with Daniel Brady, contact Heidi Hurst, vice president of regional communications for PNC Bank, at email@example.com.
About the W. P. Carey School of Business
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the top-ranked business schools in the United States. The school is internationally regarded for its research productivity and its distinguished faculty members, including a Nobel Prize winner. Students come from more than 100 countries and W. P. Carey is represented by alumni in over 160 countries. Visit wpcarey.asu.edu.
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit pnc.com.
For more information/media contact:
Shay Moser, W. P. Carey School of Business
- When humans talk to robots: Engineering seniors explore human-robot interactions with information systems professorAn interdisciplinary project combines business and social science concepts to design robot interface
- Outstanding Graduating Senior finalist learns the value of listeningVictoria Greene shares her academic journey and advice for current ASU students.
- Interest in consumer behavior drives Outstanding Graduate Student finalistAlexis Alverson uses her education to leverage consumer and marketplace insights in the workplace.